Sunday, June 22, 2008

MAY 6 Carthage Illinois

Today we drove to Carthage Illinois. We were able to tour Carthage Jail and see the visitor center. It was a semi warm day with a little sprinkle of rain. Carthage was amazing. To think I was able to take my children to see where Joseph Smith was killed and where he was able to stay his last days of his life was amazing. The spirit there was so strong I hope my children felt the spirit as strong as I did. So amazing that the church is able to preserve such sights as this so church members can experience such a beautiful place. After visiting Carthage we went to eat at Hardee's. Next we drove to Nauvoo about 20 miles. We stayed at the Nauvoo family inn it was very nice and we had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a kitchen. We settleted in and then went to the Nauvoo visitor center and went on a tour. Next we had tickets to see a play put on called Rendezvous. My kids thought it was really good. I think they will remember that the whole audience sang Happy Birthday to me because my birthday was the next day. We are excited to whow our kids this place and hopefully feel the spirit that is here.

2 comments:

Michael and Rachel said...

So fun! When we lived in St.Louis, we would always take family to Nauvoo/Carthage. What an amazing place! Rendevous! Good play. :) Glad you guys got to take the fam.

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun trip. Wish we could have gone, maybe in a few years. Lisa