Sunday, July 6, 2008

May 8 Nauvoo ILL NAUVOO TEMPLE

Today Mark and I were able to attend a session at the Nauvoo temple. What an exciting place to be and be serving the lord. The temple is absolutly gorgeous inside and the outside is very beautiful as well. I am so blessed to be here and serve the lord. I have been thinking how the pioneers must have felt to leave this beautiful place and how they had to leave there temple that they had worked so hard to build and they had to leave it behind because of the mobs driving them out of Nauvoo. I am grateful for my ancestors and for all they went through so I can have what I have in this life. We as a family stayed at the Nauvoo family inn and it was a lot of fun. After atteding the temple we picked up the kids at the hotel and then went and took pictures in front of the temple. We also went to the land office where you can research your ancestors and where there plot of land was in the town of Nauvoo. Mark had many relatives that lived in Nauvoo and Mark and Noelle and Andrew spent a few hours in the land office researching his relatives and they also made a disk with all of the infromation on it so that we can put it in the church path system to make sure all of the work for them has been done! After spending the afternoon in Nauvoo we drove back to Kirksville to spend another night with my brother!

0 comments: