Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Angela's 36 th birthday

Ok I turned 36 on May 7. I was really excited to spend the day with my family because Mark took the day off of work and all of my children were out of school so we decided that we would go on a day trip the the Golden Spike National Monument in Promitory Utah. So we left about 11 o'clock and we got there about 12:00. We walked around the visitor center for a little bit and by the way Jonah our 2 year old loves trains and he was going crazy with all of the train stuff they had. At about 12:30 we went outside to watch them move the trains and have them explain what happened at Promitory it is where the Union pacific and Central Pacific railroads met. Jonah loved watching the trains so it was a lot of fun just watching him. After that I told Mark I was not feeling well so we went to the car so I could get something to eat and to sit down for a little bit. As we left Promitory we were planning on finding a remote free campground that Mark had found to do a cookout for my Birthday and to make smores with the kids. Well on our way to the campground I started to get really sick and in a lot of pain in my back. I called my friend Amy to get my a number for the doctors office's number by my house but they said they had no appointments. I finally was in so much pain that mark decided to stop and take me to the ER in Bear River Utah about 1 hour from our house because he was afraid I would never make it home. As we got there the kids stayed in the car with Noelle and Mark took me in I was in a terrible amount of pain the nurses and the doctor could tell I did not feel well and it seemed like no one else was there so I had there undivided attention. After giving me an IV they were able to give me some pain medication the help the pain and it really took them a little while to give me enough of something to make me comfortable. The nice doctor let us bring the kids in and gave the oreo's and playdough and coloring things to keep them preoccupied while I was there! I was so grateful that they were so nice to us and my family. The nice lady doctor realized I was wearing garments and asked if I would like a blessing. Mark said I have no one to help me and no oil. The doctor said give me a minute and I will work on it. The doctor found the radiologist and he called someone and they brought some oil. I am very grateful that my husband could give me a blessing and grateful for the radiologist that he was worthy to help as well. After the blessing I started to feel better they took a cat scan and found out that I had a Kidney stone about 2.7 mm big. So they sent me home with pain medication hoping I would pass it in the next few days. So we left and I slept the whole way home. I was very drugged but at least I was no longer in pain. So instead of having cake and Ice cream for my birthday I got a Kidney Stone instead. Thanks mark for my new luggage and my new GPS running watch!

0 comments: